bending the rules

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I was so excited to recieve a book delivery yesterday -- three sewing books! Inspired by my grandmother's creations and all of the patchwork goodies I see everywhere, I decided to purchase two quilting books: Denyse Schmidt Quilts, and Make Your Own Contemporary Quilts. The photos in both of these books are so inspiring and I love that they have quilt patterns and instructions especially for newbies like me.

Of course I had to get bend-the-rules sewing by Amy Karol because I've been reading all over the blogsphere about how great it is. I was amazed at all the fun projects there were so I got started right away... well after hours from my 'real' job of course!

This weekend I have a baby shower so decided to try out Amy's bib design as a gift. It was so much fun I made three! They might be a tad big for a newborn but I figure the baby can wear it when he/she is 2 or 3 ;). I can't wait to try out some of the other designs. Thanks Amy!


--yes more denim -- I have a lot of it around here!



--a cute grey cotton bib -- I put a pink ribbon on one side and a blue one on the other because my friend doesn't know what she's having!



--all three bibs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground