the baker within my former self

Tuesday, August 28, 2007



when I was in high school, I went to a psychic fair with my friend Helen. As Helen walked off to get her palms read, I sauntered over to have my fortune told by some psychic dude. While taping my conversation, psychic dude told me all of the things about myself that I did and didn't want to hear: you won't marry your current boyfriend, you will get married to someone, you'll have two kids etc., etc...

One thing he did mention was that in a former life I was a baker -- he said I baked and baked and baked until I couldn't bake anymore. I thought this was crazy because I'm not a big fan of baking. I burn things, my cookies never turn out, I suck at making apple crisp and I messed up my easter cheese cake this year. (I now have become a regular at the local Sweet Tooth Desserts Cafe where they sell scrumptious tarts and cakes).

So this morning for some reason I decided to attempt yet another dessert -- the Apple-Cinnamon Upside-Down Cake, thanks to Martha. Well I must have been channelling my former me because to my delight and suprise, I think it turned out! I'll let you know tomorrow if it tastes as good as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground