just beachy

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm moving in TWO days and I've been packing and sewing trying to get a few things done in and among the countless boxes around here. Yesterday morning I managed to sew together this fun and flashy tote.



I have come to quite like this tote -- I wasn't sure about the fabric from Heather Bailey when it came in the mail because as I've mentioned before, colour is a bit scary for me, but I really love it now. It has been hanging on a nail on the wall where a picture once was so I get to stare at it every day. (I think more people should hang their totes as art now that I think about it!)



Anyhoo -- check it out here in the shop if you like it (more pics on Flickr here). I'm off to sew a couple more totes and then I have to move all these boxes. I have to tell you that I'm pretty pumped about this move because I will have a room of my own to sew and do whatever I want in (eating bonbons & popcorn are first on the list). Right now, I cut fabric on the floor and sew at the kitchen table -- blah!

Have a great night!
~lealou

2 comments:

  1. Moving in two days and still sewing away! Good luck with the move - I love being in a new place and settling in, but the process of getting all my stuff there is not my favorite thing. May it go smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground