street sale!

Monday, May 16, 2011

We had our annual street sale on the weekend. It was the first time we participated in it: the first year we found out about it too late and last year I didn't really feel like we had anything to sell. This year we had lots! With the basement reno moving along, we had to take everything out and either sell anything we didn't use or ship it to Goodwill. I didn't want anything going back in storage that we weren't going to use.

I didn't get any shots of the sale (people came while we were still setting up and I had to skip inside for feedings and naptimes) but I can show you these shots from our day of organizing the weekend before the sale.



We had way more crap than we thought we did and guess what -- we sold most of it! I can't believe what people will buy but people love buying stuff. We even sold our old honkin' TV and some guy bought our old VCR even though we weren't sure if it still worked.

Even though we were trying to get rid of stuff, I did bring something back into the house.


My neighbour had these pretty little milk vases on her table. She caught me eyeing them and gave them to me for free. Nice of her!


We also got another ikea shoe rack for the front hall closet. Oh and I got a book called The Shack. It looks a bit scary so not sure I'll end up reading it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground