around the house - new stuff in the basement

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Slowly but surely we've been adding things here and there to the basement to make it feel a bit more homey. (It's so tough to take pics in the basement - even with all the lights on and using a tripod! My camera is a bit sick right now though too so that might have something to do with the darkness... I digress.)


We started a little gallery wall with a framed photo gift of my sister-in-law and her family (these are the best gifts!) and some Goodwill frames I picked up and sprayed black...


My little desk nook is getting it together. I found a chair at Homesense that I liked - simple but comfy and perfect for the space. Come to think of it, I found the lamp and the bulletin board there too!


I picked up the little cups at Chapters for my pens, rulers and odds 'n sodds. I put some chalk in the crystal mini-vase for the chalkboard on the other side of the room. I'm also sewing in the basement so I'm keeping my scissors and pins here too!


I think I'm going to put this fabric on the bulletin board. And see that weird framed thing under the bulletin board? It's some sort of old metal stencil we found during renos of our house so I framed it!


Finally, the biggest reveal of all - Leo's play area! It has kind of taken over this side of the basement which is fine. I like having a spot that Leo can go to to hang out and it's been a great spot for all the kids we know. I try to have colouring pages on the table so anytime kids come over, they have something to do.

That's it for now y'all! Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. Ah your basement is gorgeous! Love what you've done with the place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Så fint..so nice.
    Love
    Eva

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground