currently

Thursday, February 23, 2012

I just read this post over at Sometimes Sweet and I thought it was a neat idea so here it goes! (By the way, her adorable little Henry is just four hours younger than Leo!).

Obsessing over:
I don't think there is anything I'm really obsessing over at the moment, but that's not to say that I haven't obsessed over something...or someone... in the past. For example, I once obsessed over Colin Farrell. A little too much. I think part of it had something to do with the fact that his birthday is the same as my husband's. I don't know what that has to do with anything, but in a weird way they kind of look alike (short, brown hair, brown eyes) and I probably blacked out and thought that maybe I was married to Colin Farrell. Ya...must have been on cheap crack at the time. Anyway, my sister worked on a film this past summer with him and it turns out that his birthday isn't even the same day. What the eff.

Working on:
I just got finished working on a sh*t load of laundry. But in general, I'm working on sewing pillows and also purging. I can't really stand having a lot of needless stuff around even though I find it's everywhere. So a few weeks ago I organized some of my cupboards, I've gone through my clothes to give to Goodwill and I'm just generally throwing out stuff I don't use (or using up what I've got before I get more).

Personally, I'm also working on being a little more patient. I'm weird in a way because I have tons of patience for some things (like waiting 10 years to marry my husband!), but for others things I'm SUPER impatient. It usually comes to other peoples' decision making. I hate waiting for others to make decisions. So ya... working on that.

Thinking about:
(me @ 16 weeks)

My growing belly! I'm four months pregnant this week and can't believe that in August I'll have another little one to care for around here. Leo will likely be entering his terrible twos right at that time so I'll be sure to be a busy momma!

(Look at that face!)

I'm also thinking about how much Leo has changed in just this past week. Mark's mom taught him to quack like a duck and sing "EIEI" from Old Macdonald Had a Farm... He's also doing some motions to Itsy Bitsy Spider and Ring Around the Rosy. He isn't walking yet, but he did take his first few steps this week too. Mark's been bribing him with cherrios to walk and it's been working! He's at such a fun age.

Anticipating:
My 19 week ultrasound next month to find out if we're having a boy or a girl!

Listening to:
Please see part two of "Thinking about".


(By the way, this video is horrible!)

Eating:
Grapes and tea. In general, I'm getting back on track after being away on vacation. There I ate some yummy seafood pasta, steak, pizza, a burger and chips.

Wishing:
Right now I've been wishing that everyone understood the true value of eating whole foods and using green cleaning supplies on a regular basis. I guess that could be one thing that I do kind of obsess over. I made a lot of changes several years ago to change the way I eat, change the way I clean and change what types of things I put onto my body. My husband says I come off snobby sometimes, which I honestly don't mean to do, it's just that in my brain it makes logical sense to be this way. Sure I still eat certain things and do certain things that don't fall into this category, but on the whole I have worked hard to decrease the crappy toxins in my life (and there's still so much room for improvement!), that for some reason, are allowed to be in everyday things. Just something that I'm constantly wishing and thinking about.

Well I guess that's what's currently going on around here!? What are you currently doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground