ahhh spring

Thursday, May 03, 2012

It's raining right now, but earlier this week it was SO nice out. So during lunch, I popped out to the garden to see what was going on. Things are starting to happen out there!

Our little Japanese Maple is coming along!


Our grasses are little stubs now, but they'll grow nice and tall and act like a bit of a barrier to our neighbour's house (we share the driveway).


Looks like these guys could be separated a bit! Already too close together... (kind of looks like they're fighting!)


The clematis has begun its climb... It basically takes over the whole wall of the deck!


These green spikes are irises! One of my favourite flowers. They're starting to spread a bit which makes me so happy.


My poppies! My best friend C gave these to me as a wedding gift because we got married in a little town called Poppi in Tuscany. They produce a orange/red flower - love!


The other side of the garden: peonies (one of them just doesn't want to grow!), tiger lilies, crazy grasses we got from Mark's mom and some orange plant :) - oh and a nice parged wall that Mark fixed up last weekend.


There's not much going on at the back so I'll skip over that part for now...

Here's the front - we've got some random tulips I forgot were there, lavender, some hosta shoots poking their heads up and some hydrangea growth (can't wait for those!)


Hmmm maybe it's time to get rid of these?


Finally here are some pretty purple thangs. (I wish I knew the names of plants like Mark's mom!). These grow around our crab apple tree which typically produces some amazing pink flowers. Just waiting for those to show up!


Anyway - really not too much to look at yet but I just love watching the progress!

ps - I snuck a pic of my neighbour's yard - it's SO colourful already. So many purples and pinks - I love it. I can't wait to have something like this this time of the year!


What's going on in your garden these days?

1 comment:

  1. I can't decide if I'm more jealous of the sunlight or your outdoor space, neither of which I've got. Enjoy them both!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground