updating the ottoman
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
There is a major effort over in these parts to get rid of some brown. My house basically consists of brown, grey and some sort of white or beige. There is a lot of brown because of course, the floor is brown too.
I had some fabric leftover from my office bench so I decided to use it to cover the ottoman (which is brown) in my living room. I didn't have a big enough piece to do it in one shot, so I followed the lines of the leather and cut the fabric into six: four for the top and two for the sides. I sewed them up, covered the brown leather and stapled the fabric to the bottom of the ottoman. Then I refastened the legs. Easy peasy. I'm liking it way better than the brown.
I'm still not sure what I'll do with the matching chairs but I'd like to do some sort of colour. The problem is that not too many colours go nicely with the chair legs (I don't want to paint them).