Apple picking at Orchalaw Farms

Wednesday, September 24, 2014







After a few attempts, a friend and I finally went apple picking at Orchalaw Farms this week. It was a quick trip, but fun nonetheless. My friend has a little guy around 17 months and he gets along so well with Mila. The two of them were giggling and screaming laughing away in the back seat while I drove.

It was pretty cold, but we were able to pick some really nice and crispy macs and macoun apples and I grabbed a bag of galas because they're just too yummy to pass up.

Well the apples stayed by the door for the better part of the day and the next day until I finally got around to peeling the macs to make apple sauce.

There really is nothing like home made apple sauce. It is delish. I'll have to see what else I can manage to make with the rest of the apples!

Have you made it out picking yet this year?

1 comment:

  1. Yumm! I want to go apple picking this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground