What's for lunch | The eat-your-veggies-in-the-winter salad

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

eat your veggies

Even in these super cold temperatures I've been craving bright green salads for lunch. I love soup but it's either in the freezer when I think of it or I don't think to make some early enough. Salads are super fast to put together and I can use up what I have in the fridge.

Here's what I threw together this week for lunch:

4-5 leaves of romaine lettuce cut into pieces
1 stalk of celery, chopped
1 carrot, sliced
Half of a red pepper, chopped
1 quarter of a cucumber, chopped
A few slices of red onion
A handful of olives
A hand full of cashews
A tablespoon of hemp seeds
A splash of apple cider vinegar
A splash of olive oil
A dash of salt & pinch of cayenne

I've been buying olives a lot lately just for this purpose... they really take these salads up a notch. Delish!

ps-Earlier this week I added a can of Raincoast tuna and it was the perfect addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground