Easy sewing project: turning sweater sleeves into leg warmers

Wednesday, March 11, 2015






I've had this grey sweater sitting in my 'to fix' pile (aka the pile of defected clothes shoved behind the chair in my bedroom) for about two years. I used to love this sweater, but one day I decided to take a omega-3 fish oil pill to-go, promptly forgot about it and then it ended up in the wash turning the bottom of the sweater a beautiful mustard yellow colour.

The sleeves were fine though so I came up with an idea to turn them into leg warmers for Miss Mila. I took a photo of the cut up pieces, but it didn't upload properly for some reason so pretend it's there. Basically I cut off the sleeves at the shoulders and then cut the bottom trim of the sweater to use for the top 'elastic' part of the leg warmers. I cut the trim in two (for the two leg warmers), sewed them together into a circle and then attached them to the leg piece. It literally took me 10 minutes to put it all together.

A super cute way to repurpose a sad 'ol sweater and Miss Mila wore them for more than two minutes so win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground