welcome to lealou's house

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Well it's up! I spent the past month or so sewing, taking photos and writing descriptions for each item and had lots of fun doing it. Even if no one buys anything I had so much fun getting back into sewing I can't wait to get back to the sewing machine to make more.

I have to say I had the most fun writing the descriptions... people might think I'm a bit crazy naming my pillows and totes after parts of East York where I live but that's ok... I like it here and why not promote it?

For this first batch of sewing I used a lot of Anna Maria Horner fabrics... her new Garden Party line is so bright and vibrant and really I can't stop looking at them. I just LOVE her Drawing room volumes print which I used for my tote. I also used a couple of Amy Butler's print's although they're a bit springy! It's so dreary here today that a little punch of pink is just what I need to tell you the truth.

Thanks again to my sister for creating my very cool banner and to my cat for staying away from all the stuff I sew... also thanks to M for vacuuming up the little threads he finds all over the house every week...

So here we go! here's a little taste of what you can find in the shop:

The Taylor Creek Cushion
Named after the little creek near my house - this pillow reminds me of the crispness of fall...

The Relish Cushion

Named after one of my favourite places to eat in East York, Relish Bar & Grill... it gives people in the area something different than the every-day mundane.

The East Lynn Cushion

This cushion reminds me of a park with it's bright colours so I named it after East Lynn Park down the street from me...

Springtime in the City Cushion

Sure it's not springtime, but I know I will be wishing for it once the first snowflake hits the ground, so I made this bright pink pillow to add a touch of spring to those cold winter months.

The Stacks Tote

This was my favourite project -- I LOVE this fabric and want to keep the tote for myself... I made the handles a bit too long but I tied them up and think they look kinda cute now...

I'll be updating the shop as I figure out what to up up there next so keep a look out... also I have a cute baby project I made for C and Rowan a couple weeks ago... I have to get C to take some pics when she gets it set up...

Happy weekend! I'm off to the in-laws and then to visit some good friends tomorrow north of the city.

~lealou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground