side table revamp

Thursday, November 11, 2010


I found this table in the garbage. I am a garbage picker. At least I admit it. Remember these chairs? I found those in the garbage too. I found this table in the garbage near a friend's house and thought it would be perfect for our upstairs hallway landing area. The only thing is that it had a hundred zillion nails in it that were keeping some type of material in place on the underside of the table. We weren't going to bother with the nails or even the fabric, but they were bothering me so I went to town pulling them all out.

Here's Mark sanding the table after my handy work.


And here is the finished product!


We gave the table a couple coats of black paint and added a little knob on the drawer that we had already. The mirror was in our bedroom but just didn't work so we moved it here. I'm also on the hunt for some decorative boxes or something to put on the left side and I'd like to get a nice basket and some type of blanket to put under the table to soften the lines a bit.

My favourite part of the area though is the statue of the mother and child. It was a gift from my Mom at one of my showers and I love it so much. The table and statue sit right outside of the nursery, so I'll be able to see it every day as I walk in to get the little guy out of his crib. Thanks Mom :).

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous statue. If your Mom would ever share where she got it I would love to have that myself too- so perfect for a new Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground