cottage week

Tuesday, August 23, 2011


Last week I took a break from my summer sewing series to go cottaging in the 1000 Islands. My dad lives along the 1000 Islands Parkway and my mom lives in Prescott, Ontario (about 40 minutes away and where I grew up) so it was the perfect spot to spend our vacation.

When I hear the word cottage, I typically think of a rustic abode where the cooking is done over a fire pit and you have to pee outside in an outhouse. But this place was more like a house: it had a nicer stove that what I have, a big fridge, air conditioning and satellite TV. Oh and a working toilet and shower. The place was completely gutted three years ago and was a beautiful spot to spend the week.

We did a lot of this


and this (I think Leo is trying to decide between wine and beer)


this


and this (although the smaller one there didn't sit still for long that's for sure!)


The little one did a lot of this instead




Mid-week we took a little trip to the beach for a picnic and to test out Leo's new life jacket. I can't say he loved the water but I think it was because he got sand in his eyes!




It was a great week!

1 comment:

  1. So fun!
    I wish we could get away for one last summer excursion...

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground