Also the placement of things just don't make sense. I was telling a friend of mine about people putting things away in different cupboards and had mentioned about how my measuring cup is in a different place all the time. She said "Yes I know - it goes with the other measuring things right?!" I said "Ya - right! Duh!" Except mine doesn't. The cups are in one place, while the spoons are in another. In my head it makes sense for some reason, but if someone were to go in my cupboards to look for them they'd be lost likely.
Which all leaves me on a quest to have it all make sense.
I was reading an article that Katie Bower wrote recently for Wayfair about organizing a pantry and the thing that stuck with me was to make stations for your things. So here are my stations (I will likely have to pare them down or bulk some together but this is basically what I need space for):
- bulk pantry items (all the jarred stuff!) and their leftovers
- baking/spices/oils station
- vitamins/hemp powders station
- cleaning/paper towels/kitchen bags
- potatoes/onions etc
- cat food
- misc glasses/plates/utensils
- canned goods/other boxed foods
- cooking/baking utensils/dishes
- pots, pans, storage/tupperware containers
- vases etc.
Did I miss anything?