easter and birthday wishes

Saturday, April 06, 2013


Well it seems I took a bit of a break and it felt pretty nice! Leo was sick for a lot of the time which was no fun as you can imagine.

Anyway I'm back for now and thought I'd share some Easter pics.

We had a great weekend. My mom and grandmother came up for a nice dinner on Friday at our house along with my sisters and my sister-in-law and her family. We put together a little egg hunt in the back yard which was a lot of fun. I love seeing Leo and his cousins playing and hanging out together.

I also made my first upside down pineapple cake. When I bake, I typically swap out ingredients for healthier ones, but I decided that since it was a special occasion I would make it as is. I couldn't believe the amount of butter and sugar that went into this thing! But let me tell you.... it was worth it!

This weekend also marked Mark's 37 birthday so my mom and grandmother stayed an extra day so we could go out for dinner. We went to Origin downtown Toronto and it was a lot of fun (and tasty!). It was nice to get out just the two of us. Sunday was Mark's actual birthday and although I didn't have a cake for him, I did put a candle in a bun that we ate with our pasta!

I hope you had a great weekend (and week thereafter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground