kamut pasta with roasted veggies

Tuesday, September 03, 2013


I have a few food posts coming up so I'm deeming this food week! Why not? First up - the easiest, yummiest, go-to pasta ever: pasta with roasted veggies. I actually typically make this with quinoa but last week I wanted pasta so that's how I made it.

I use kamut pasta a lot because it's considered an ancient grain so not overly processed, it's organic and also has loads (loads!!!) of protein (13g per 85g serving [!] which is about 0.35927 cups in case you were curious :)).

NOTE: this pasta isn't gluten free but it works with any type of GF pasta!


Here are the steps and oh are they hard!

Step 1: Cut veggies in chunks & slices. Here I used eggplant, zucchini, a red pepper, a yellow pepper, a pint of cherry tomatoes, garlic and onions.

Step 2: Mix in oil of choice. Add salt, pepper, oregano, basil and whatever else you fancy.

Step 3: Throw them on a tray and then onto the BBQ (or oven). Roast for 15-20 mins at 400 degrees.

Step 4: Cook your pasta according to directions. 

Step 5: Do a taste test for your veggies and add more spices if needed.

Step 6: Add pasta to your fancy pasta bowls and top with veggies, goat cheese and pepper. If you're vegan use this vegan parmesan. I keep some in my fridge and use it all the time.


Step 7: EAT IT.

Step 8: Eat more if you want!

That's it! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:00 PM

    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An extremely delicious recipe, worthy sharing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground