Family Day long weekend

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hey there.

Did you have a nice Family Day long weekend (if you live in Ontario, Alberta or Saskatchewan or had President's Day in the States...)?

Mine was great. I love long weekends - more time with the hubby!

We managed to pack a lot into the weekend. Here's what we did.

I made a heart banner for my little valentines.


I made a pretty decent vegetarian 'meatball' thanks to How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman. It's made out of walnuts! I was very happy about this discovery. With a few herb & spice tweaks I think it just might fool the Italian in the house!


I found a light that I want for the powder room. My sister and I went shopping for her new home on the weekend and I found this pendant (the shorter one) from Living Lighting.


Mark and I went on a date to a pub. No photos! Just picture me eating a huge plate of fish and chips and downing several Mill Street beers.

We took the kids on their first subway trip downtown.


After the subway we went for lunch at a new restaurant Mark's company built downtown. It's called Bread & Bowl and it's yummy (more on that another time!).


We went to the Auto Show after lunch and now Leo wants a race car and a motorbike.


My kids turned into teenagers and took off on a joyride.


What did you do on the long weekend?

5 comments:

  1. We went on our first ever parents only getaway!!! Highly recommended!

    Did you go to that talk on sustainable vs organic vs farm food? i kinda figured i couldnt get away this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not going after all - I'm making myself go to bootcamp tonight since I missed it Thurs! Saw your post about your trip - looks like you had a blast!

      Delete
  2. and i love the bathroom dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bathroom light! duh!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground