It's All Good

Monday, February 24, 2014



A while back I went to my friend Carol's for an afternoon/dinner play date with our kids and she made the yummiest meal: Mexican Tomato Rice with Go-To Black Beans and Mango + Avocado Salad with Balsamic-Lime Vinaigrette. 

And before you ask: yes this was for the kids too and yes they ate it (well Leo ate the avocado, but he's a special case...). The meal was so yummy that I made her lend me the book to take home to try some other recipes.

This one is a favourite:


Quinoa with sauteed kale & garlic topped with an olive oil fried egg. I have eaten this for breakfast a few times and it's so good. Savoury.

I also made the Veggie Dumplings which were fantastic. They were pretty easy to make from scratch but if you follow me on Instagram you'll know that my very first attempt didn't go so well:


I haven't gotten around to trying much else but here are a few that caught my eye for next time.

Spring Vegetable Soup, Two ways


Spanish Chopped Salad with Tuna + Piquillos with Spanish Salad Dressing


Sweet Potato + Five-Spice Muffins


Lentil Salad with Mustard + Tomatoes


She also has an awesome almond butter cooke recipe in here... um.

I should also note that she has a ton of meat recipes in here too - mainly lamb and chicken but this is not a vegetarian book for all you meat eaters!

Anyway, Gwenyth got a bit of a bad rap about this book which I'll never understand. The food is great, real, whole, fantastic and good for you. I think people have a really hard time with recipes and food that are in fact 'clean' and not full of crap that comes with eating processed foods.

Poor Gwenyth! Don't worry I'm a believer!

Believer or not the food is good. Check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Is this the book with the no-fry fries? Because those are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see it here! Maybe in another one? Mmm fries...

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground