curtains...check!

Thursday, January 27, 2011


Some time this week (I can't remember which day for the life of me), Leo and I spent the afternoon at Ikea just schlepping around looking at everything at a snail's pace. I can only do this by myself because Mark is a speed demon and will go through the entire store in a matter of minutes claiming to have seen everything.


I went to Ikea to get a curtain rod but by the time I was through the store I forgot to pick one up. I contemplated going back but remembered how dangerous it is when people backtrack on the floor arrows. Just as I was going to leave, I found one of those little passageways that allow you to go back through the store. Perfect. I was able to snag a DÄMPA rod with little effort.

I mentioned in a previous post that the curtains are from West Elm. I thought they were $29 per panel on sale, but when I got to the counter to pay, they were $23 for both panels. What a score. I wasn't sure what they would look like with the rug in my room but when we got them up, I was in love. The room feels so much more cozy now.


I still have to hem them so hopefully I'll get the motivation to do that soon. Until then, we'll just have to live with the puddle look! I'm also thinking that we'll have to replace the white blinds. I'll have to be on the lookout for something that works in the room.

2 comments:

  1. total score...these look great in your room! my hubby does the same thing in ikea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and was reading through some of your posts. I just purchased these same curtains online. You got a much better deal, but I LOVE mine as well.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground