summer sewing series: camo skirt

Wednesday, August 03, 2011


We'll I've completed my first summer sewing series project - a skirt! I followed along with the video from Brett Bara about how to make a skirt. It was super easy and to be honest with you, I made a pair of shorts for Leo about a month ago using the same idea as this skirt (my husband actually thinks they look like a skirt on Leo but I digress...).

Did I mention part of the challenge is to use fabric I have on hand already? So I used some left over camo fabric I used for a tote back in the day to make my skirt.

In total I think this project took me about 45 mins. I'm not thrilled with it only because it's a bit bulky in the waist, but I think that's what you get when you use one elastic for a waistband. I pressed it out a bit and it seems to have helped a bit. Regardless, it will be perfect for slipping on when I'm in a hurry or for bummin' around in as my mother-in-law likes to say.


Hmm what shall I sew next! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt looks great but even more so, YOU look great! You recently had a baby?!? Sheesh... no one would know!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground